Thursday, October 9, 2014

STRESS = HIGH BLOOD SUGAR

Stress = High blood sugars............ 

Yesterday my daughter ( she's 6 ) came home from school laid on the floor and says " Mama, I feel like I've been ran over" I said "What?" She says "Yea, my whole body hurts, my head hurts, my chest hurts and my throat" I check her temp and it's 101.5, so I'm like great! I can hear her wheezing, So we decide to take her to the pediatric urgent care, Boy am I glad we didn't wait!!! She has pneumonia! She got two shots in her booty and if she's not better today then more shots and then if still not better they will admit her for IV antibiotics.... This mama is scared! I am a worrier, especially about my baby. Now I'm super worried.  

I didn't sleep last night, I woke up like every hour, I just kept checking on her.  The fact that her room is on the opposite side of the house didn't help matters.  I really just wanted to sleep on her floor, b/c then if she woke up in respiratory distress I could hear it.  I didn't, I slept in my bed with my husband, but I woke up every hour.  

In the midst of all that my blood sugars have sky rocketed to the 300's again.  I woke up at 2 am it was 300, took a shot( it usually works faster than pump bolus) then when i woke up at 6 I was 355! Higher than I was at 2 am! which is nuts since I took a shot and had my pump on. I checked it about 45 min ago it was 245 so it's better but it always goes up when I'm stressed!! ugh!! 

So Ally woke up this morning, no fever which is good! But not feeling well at all, just laying around and still felt like she had been ran over.  I gave her cough meds, ibuprofen and zofran for her nausea.  About an hour later she perked up, and she's slowly going down hill again and now has a 100.1 on ibuprofen, so it looks as though we will be going to get more shots later today..... =( 

So if you're the praying type, please pray for her. I really hope she gets better so she doesn't have to go in to the hospital. 

Thanks! 
Tara 

No comments:

Post a Comment