Sunday, October 5, 2014

Things you don't say to a diabetic

Things you don't say to a diabetic ( no matter the type) 

1. Do you have the bad type of diabetes?? 
      * Yea because there is a good type of diabetes?? Really people think before you speak! 

2. You forgot your insulin?? 
     * Yes, I'm human. I already feel bad about it, so why make me feel worse? Sometimes people just forget stuff... 

3. Why do you let your blood sugar get so high? Or Low? 
     * Oh because I like feeling like crap?? Really? Diabetes isn't that easy to control. In fact, it's just not easy, there are days it runs perfect for no reason at all and days it runs high for no reason at all.... 

4. Can you eat that? 
    * Yes I can.  I can eat whatever I damn well please. We can't just eat lettuce people! 

5. Do you wish you didn't have diabetes?? 
     * uh, no I like giving myself shots and having to watch everything I eat and drink... But actually I don't know who I'd be without it. 


Okay sorry for the rant! HA HA.. But for real be cautious what you say, it might actually hurt someones feelings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment